With Dawn Heino OTR/L
May 13, 2013
DIR®/Floortime™ is an exciting intervention approach focusing on improving emotional development in children with challenges in relating and communicating. The playful intervention technique of “Floortime” is used under the overall DIR Model, which is a comprehensive system to assess and plan for the needs of children with developmental issues. This highly successful approach was designed by Dr. Stanley Greenspan. Through lecture, video tapes, and case studies, the participants will learn to implement this model with a variety of children.
• Dawn Heino, OTR/L, is a pediatric occupational therapist at Good Samaritan Children’s Therapy Unit.
• She has over 24 years experience in variety of settings and has extensive training and experience working with children with disabilities.
• She completed her certification in DIR®/Floortime™ through the Interdisciplinary Council on Development and Learning Disorders (ICDL) in 2009 and joined ICDL as a training leader in 2011.
• She has been teaching introductory courses in DIR®/Floortime™ for 8 years.
• She is also a clinical instructor at the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington.