Voices of the Valley – Fun Sensory Activities for Toddlers
When I think of sensory activities, I can’t help but think of bins of macaroni and slimy stuff to put through your fingers. But there’s more to the senses then just touch; sight, smell, taste, touch, sound as well as movement.
The internet is a wealth of information and ideas to create sensory experiences for your children at home. The web site Hands on As We Grow is a wonderful resource.
These sensory activities are great for exploration, learning and using all different senses!
6 Sensory Activities for Toddlers
- Water is one of the most basic sensory activities! Glimmer Snaps does outdoor learning adventures with water!
- Create With Your Hands also explore with their hands in shaving cream, a classic sensory activity, and makes shaving cream prints!
- Moon Sprig plays with peppermint and explores with their sense of smell and potentially taste!
- Play Through the Day is playing their way through the seasons with these autumn sensory bottles that work well for I spy and their sense of sight.
- A treasure hunt in the sand from Here Comes the Girls. A sensory activity that toddlers will love to dig their way through!
- Check out this spaghetti painting. Normally I see spaghetti painting with splatting and throwing of spaghetti. But this one, from Making Boys Men, the spaghetti is made into paintbrushes for the ultimate sensory experience!