Parent to Parent’s Sibshops program just finished our year with a celebration! Sibshops are support workshops for brothers and sisters growing up with a sibling who has special needs.
Sibshop participants shared some great advice for other sibs.
Here’s their advice:
- Be patient; play with them a lot; get to know them a lot; understand them—Andrea
- Play with her—Chris
- Be kind to them and play with him or her—Bethany
- Run when he is mad and be nice to him—Michael
- Play video games with your sibling; if you don’t have a video game, just play with them— Jackie
- Get to know them; be kind; play with them; teach him things he does not know; don’t be mean—Campbell
- Don’t take stuff from them and spend quality time with them—Anonymous
- Love them!—Laurel
- Play outside with your sib—Alexis
- Do something both of you enjoy together—Lizzie
- Help them learn more—Loren
- Play with them—Henry
- Never hurt them; love, care, have fun; and be with them—Bridget
For more information about Sibshops or other great programs through Children’s Village Parent to Parent program email them here or call (509) 574-3200.